There are many ways Volunteers support Adam’s Camp. We invite you to find an option that fits with your time and talents.
Join Adam’s Camp Advocates
- Who: Whole families, young (or not so young) professionals, retirees, anybody who would like to lend their skills and hands to support the children, youth and families of Adam’s Camp.
- What: Be part of a group of individuals and families who all want to support Adam’s Camp, using your strengths for our campers. Project areas include awareness, program support and fund-raising. We have a number of options or you can come up with your own.
- When: You give your time when it works for you.
Spread the Word
Word of mouth is the most powerful recruitment and fundraising tool we have. Telling your story to other parents or community partners is a wonderful way to let them know about your favorite organization. Some ways to spread the word about Adam’s Camp:
- Visit your child’s school, special education teacher or director
- Talk about us at your next visit at your child’s doctor’s office
- Represent Adam’s Camp at a community event or fair
- Meet with a supporting organization (like Autism Society)
- Connect with a community program (like Special Olympics)
If you love Adam’s Camp, this is easy and fun. We provide the talking points and materials. You provide the energy, enthusiasm and wisdom.
Time Commitment: 1 – 8 hours.
Early Start is our intensive therapy program for children 1 to 4 years of age. One-on-one therapy sessions are held Monday – Friday from 9am to 12noon. Each team has four children and is staffed by four pediatric therapists; physical, occupational, speech and music therapists; and one volunteer therapy assistant. We also offer Child care for the siblings. Sessions are scheduled in spring and fall at community locations in the Metro Denver area. Volunteer support is needed for the following areas:
- Therapy Assistant – help the team with set-up and maintenance of space, care of the children, picture taking and processing, and more.
- Sibs and Kids Program Helpers – take care of the siblings of the campers
- Sunday child care helpers – assist during the first conference on Sunday from 3:45 – 5:00pm
- Breakfast donations and breakfast set-up during the Early Start week
- Equipment transport and set up from our office to the Early Start location on Sunday
- Equipment break down and transport from the Early Start location to the office on Friday
Adam’s Camp assists every participating family by subsidizing 50% of the actual cost of attending camp. That’s right. We only charge half of the actual cost, so fund-raising is critical to our ability to provide life-changing intensive therapy and adventure camps.
Community volunteers work year-round to raise these funds. You can support Adam’s Camp by:
- Serving on a special event committee
- Volunteering at a special event
- Create your own fundraising events though your networks of friends, work or faith communities
Either way, help is needed all year!
Our Board of Directors is a working board. Each board committee welcomes non-board members to join and work on finance, fundraising, program development, community relations, etc.
Time Commitment: 4 – 10 hours per month.
Office support is a great way to help our small staff! We can use volunteers throughout the year, Monday through Friday. Here are some of the various jobs to be done:
- Data entry
- Web and phone research
- Camp preparation projects
Time Commitment: We appreciate volunteer support for 2-4 hours per visit at our office, between 9am-5pm.
Adam’s Camp greatly benefits from service projects that are designed and/or supported by groups, such as coworkers, families or faith-based initiatives that come together to participate in a high-impact project that has a limited timeframe – anything from 2 hours to one day.
If you have questions, please contact our Volunteer Manager by email or at 303-563-8290.