Early Start is an intensive, multidisciplinary therapy program offered for children ages 1-preschool with developmental delays.
- Half-day program over 5 consecutive days
- 3 hours of intensive therapy daily, based on an individualized goal-centered treatment plan
- Teams of 4 pediatric therapists and 2 volunteers who work exclusively with 4 children
- One-on-one occupational, physical, speech and music therapy for each child daily
- Parents observe therapy and participate in family-centered presentations and discussions
Parent conference at the end of the week includes a clinical digital report with recommendations for home, school, year-round therapists, pediatricians and other providers.REGISTER for camp
Pathfinder and Trailblazer programs:
Each week-long therapy camp provides intensive therapies for children with developmental delays often related to autism, cerebral palsy or Down syndrome as well as activities and support for moms, dads, and siblings to unwind and re-energize in a supportive and caring environment. Therapists focus on each child’s strengths to provide goal-centered, outcome-based treatment. Synergy, focus, and extensive time dedicated specifically to strengthening skills make this a unique and powerful intervention. Children often achieve significant developmental, functional and behavioral gains that can be further developed and sustained. Intensive Therapy Family Camp Highlights:
• 5 consecutive days of intensive, individualized therapy for the child with special needs
• Multidisciplinary professional therapy team working together on identified goals
• Comprehensive clinical report provided digitally to parents outlines goals, strategies, outcomes and recommendations
• Individualized parent conferences with the therapy team
• Optional parent presentations and activities as well as opportunities to network and connect
• Optional sibling camp
Use of assistive technology communication devices is welcomed and supported in any therapy program. The camps’ structure and activities vary based on the age and development of the children.
Pathfinder Therapy Family Camps
Pathfinder Therapy takes place at T Bar M Ranch in the beautiful hill country of central Texas. It is an intensive, multidisciplinary therapy program for children ages 5 and older with developmental disabilities. Pathfinders benefit from 6 hours of daily one-one-one intensive, team-based therapy for 5 consecutive days. Therapy groups are made up of 5 therapists, 5 children and 2 volunteers. The therapy team is made up of a combination of speech, occupational, physical, art, behavioral and music therapists with the precise team make-up determined by the specific needs of the children. Each therapy day includes one therapist-supported outside group activity such as swimming or therapeutic horseback riding.REGISTER for camp
Trailblazer Therapy Family Camps
Trailblazer is an activity-based, “therapy-on-the-go” program in the beautiful Hill Country for youth ages
8 and older. Campers take part in activities such as canoeing, therapeutic horseback riding,
low ropes obstacle course and field trips that help build self-confidence, independence, and social skills. A one-night sleepover with their team of campers and therapists adds fun and builds independence. Groups include 4 therapists and 2 volunteers with 5 campers so campers receive both small group and one-on-one therapy throughout the week.
Sibling camp participation is available for all siblings of Therapy Program campers. Sibling camp provides an opportunity for siblings to experience a special sense of belonging and meaningful opportunities to connect with one another through recreation as well as facilitated discussions while enjoying age-appropriate camp activities such as swimming, hiking or splashing in the creek. Sibling camp schedules coordinate with therapy schedules to allow parents the opportunity to participate in parent presentations/activities or to enjoy some recreation and respite while all the children are busy and engaged. Sibling Camp age groups are 0-5 and 6-11.
See camp dates and camp rates and funding for more information.